- £375.00 / Day
My Client is a premier video and broadband technology company that transforms how service providers worldwide deliver entertainment and communications without boundaries. Its powerful end-to-end platforms enable service and content providers to improve the way people connect. The Company's vision and expertise continue to drive the industry's innovations, as they have for more than 60 years.
My Clients Professional Services organization is a highly leveraged group of customer facing engineers responsible for the design, customization, implementation, integration, ongoing support and enhancement of video and network management solutions with various hardware, software and assurance platforms.
The engineer will need to have the below:
- Strong scripting experience, python, shell, perl, etc
- Strong experience with Application Servers (e.g. Tomcat, Apache) is required.
- Experience with building RPM packages & software development build environments, e.g. SVN, GIT, Jenkins.
- Requires an expert level of understanding of the Linux Operating system (RedHat preferred)
- Web services knowledge, HTTP, SOAP, REST API. API integration skills are required.
- Demonstrable experience in troubleshooting issues in complex distributed systems using common tools is required.
- Cassandra DB knowledge would be a plus
- Personal skills
- Strong understanding and hands on experience with networking and enterprise systems architecture is required.
- Strong troubleshooting skills are required.
- Requires excellent verbal and professional presentation skills
- Requires the ability to build complex solutions, work with customers on defining requirements, and be able to create or significantly contribute to requirements documents.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Additional Requirements
- No restrictions on regular (up to 40%) business travel in Europe.
- Must be fluent English speaker. Other European languages such as German are a plus.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience in the Broadcast or CATV industry
- Very good understanding of networking, including switches, routers, load balancers and network monitoring tools and protocols (SNMP, etc)
- Knowledge of HFC and DOCSIS standards
- Experience with deployment automation tools, i.e. Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Requires a minimum 5 years of customer facing role solving business problems and implementing technology.
- Computer Skills
- Candidate needs to understand HFC and DOCSIS technologies and have good software integration skills.
If Interested please feel free to Contact me Directly on 0203 328 7700 or Alternatively at email@example.com
We are Moving Quickly!